Most bloggers don’t need to become ‘better bloggers’ to start seeing the kind of growth they are looking for in their blogs.
The chances are that you don’t need to become a better blogger ….and even though you might be on a quest to crack the ‘secret formula’ for growth, you won’t find success in a formula – you’ll find it within yourself when you take that next step, when you push through that next barrier, when you show up for yourself.
SO I want to invite you to join me in discovering what is really true; that you already know what you need to do, that you have it within yourself to make it happen, that you just need to take that next step (and a bit of support along the way wouldn’t hurt either!)
The #4stepblogchallengeis something that I created after talking with our community about things they’ve had on their “to do list” for a while. As someone who absolutely loves learning and who does a whole lotta teaching (besides the weekly coaching email I send to our community, I run a paid ecourse, have created a number of free resources and am about to run a live training workshop on working with brands) it’s fair to say that I am not opposed to learning!! BUT here’s the thing, If you’re going to take the time to learn, you need to create the space to do. #4stepblogchallenge (click to tweet) The truth is that most bloggers don’t need to become better bloggers to start seeing the kind of growth they are looking for in their blogs. What they need to do is take what they already know and what they already have and start to do the work. The crazy thing is that the tweaks and changes we want to do are often not huge, time intensive things (like starting a Podcast or redesigning your whole blog etc..) but are often tasks that you could do with a spare 5-10minutes in your day. Here are some things that might fit the bill…
- Create a “Work With Me” Page
- Set up a gmail account for your blog (so you’re not using your personal one for blog related stuff)
- Put Google Analytics on your blog
- Put a photo of yourself on the home page and about pages of your blog
- Create or update your Media Kit
- Create or update your About Me Page
- Set up a PO BOX to take delivery of review items
- Set up a daily backup system for your blog
- Check that your blog is free from malware using Sucuri
- Reply to the comments on your most recent posts
- Tidy up your sidebar, so it’s less cluttered
- Get a simple background for your blog
- Add social sharing buttons including a simple Facebook “like” button to your posts
- Add a social proof section to your blog highlighting any places (media, prominent blogs etc…) you and your blog have been featured.
- Make sure your blog is PR friendly
- Start an email list
- Take a few of your blog posts and turn them into an ebook.
- Learn how to promote your posts on Facebook effectively
- Install the Facebook comment box onto your blog to see if it changes the levels of engagement you get
- Create a blog posting schedule
- Write an editorial calendar for the next 3-6 months
- Write a guest post for a blog you love
- Finish doing that ecourse you started but then didn’t finish
Click to tweet: “The way to improve your blog is not just to learn more but to take what you already know and do the work.” #4stepblogchallenge Are you nodding your head at any of the things on this list…. ? Well let’s do it together! We are going to pick three things we know we should do, and make them happen through our 4 Step Process: 1. Choose what you are going to do 2. Plan a time when you are going to do it 3. Find out how to do it (beware – this can be a trap! You don’t want to end up on another learning spree, this is all about action!) 4. Get an accountability partner to support you (we’re going to use our Private Facebook Group to do this) So tell me, are you in? Leave a comment on the post below to tell me what three things you are going to choose (and they don’t have to be from the list above, you might have other things you want to work on instead) and then sign up to join the support team and make it happen!